Frequently Asked Questions
No problem. StFX has meal options for students living off-campus as well! Click here to view your options.
- Taxable declining balance is available for purchase throughout the academic year
- Additional taxable declining balance purchased remaining (over $20) at the end of the end of the academic year is refundable less a $15 administration fee.
- All DCB dollars that are a part of a meal plan expire at the end of the academic year.
- Taxable DCB associated with the minimum meal plan commitment for Governors & apartments is non refundable at the end of the academic year.
- Non taxable DCB can be used to purchase only items that are made on campus. For example; salads, bagels, muffins, coffee, soup.
- Non taxable DCB is available for purchase before the academic year begins. Only to students who will carry a full board plan (315, 415, Unlimited meals per year) are eligible to purchase this type.
- All meal plans and DCB dollars that are part of a meal plan are non refundable (with the exception of academic withdrawal, please see University Housing Contract for more detail).
- Non taxable DCB cannot be transferred to taxable
- Presentation of your student (meal) card is required for all transactions.
- You cannot lend or borrow your card and meals are non transferable.
- Lost meal cards should be reported immediately to the University Housing Office. Please go to Security to have a replacement student ID/meal card printed. The cost is $20.
You can purchase your meal plan by visiting the Residence Office during office hours or contact them via email@example.com or (902) 867-5106.